RSICC works towards the acquisition, testing, and release of research software for nuclear science and engineering, in support of modeling and simulation. The U.S. Department of Energy, the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission are its primary sponsors. Following is a list of primary strengths RSICC has developed from past decades of service to its user community.
- A strong community information interchange program drives RSICC’s ability to continuously perform software identification, acquisition, testing and communications for enhancing scientific support of research and engineering staff.
- A strong international commitment to secure and legal information exchange allows RSICC staff to perform nuclear software dissemination that follows U.S. rules and regulations and valuable exchanges with Japanese and European communities to elevate, expand, and ultimately enhance the U.S. nuclear computational modeling and data analysis performance through a rich selection of computational modeling and data tools.
- A firm understanding of computer systems, computational science, and hardware operations allows RSICC staff to provide computational systems support, database development and maintenance, accurate updates of internet information and physical protection via secure, fireproof off-site storage of software and data media backups.
- Personnel at RSICC embedded in a research environment at a U.S. national laboratory augment the level of support of the nuclear software used across the DOE complex, and the knowledge of nuclear software functionality as well as its accuracies and weaknesses.
- Dedicated full-time staff ensures a rapid customer service and short turn-around time for software testing, packaging, and dissemination and a close understanding of user issues and needs in operational aspects of the nuclear software and its applications for the benefit of the entire DOE nuclear complex.
Timothy E. Valentine - Director
- Management and interface with sponsors
- Code and data applications validation
- Knowledge Management
Mark Baird – Codes Coordinator
- Software coordinator and interface with developers as well as the Nuclear Energy Agency Data Bank
- Software testing and evaluation
- Technical management of RSICC's secure CLOUD server
Barbara Snow - Customer Service Representative
- Lead for request processing and data entry for RSICC
- RSICC and ORNL Outreach Representative
Marsha Henley - Customer Service Representative and Database/Website Coordinator
- Registration and request processing and data entry
- Database and website coordinator
Teresa Moore - Customer Service Representative
- Request processing and data entry
- Package mailing
- Materials and supplies acquisition
Sheila Walker - Registration and Distribution
- Registration Processing
- Software mastering, duplication and archiving
- Newsletter Editor