RSICC CODE PACKAGE MIS-007
Note to the user: Dr. J. D. Lewins owns the copyright of the book, and he authorizes the NEADB and RSICC to distribute it in PDF format at no cost to requesters. This book on CD-ROM cannot be further copied, distributed or sold. Please complete and submit the RSICC online order form if you wish to receive the package. RSICC Software License and Export Control Understanding forms are not required for this package. Specify whether you want to retrieve the files electronically or on a CD.
1. NAME AND TITLE
JDL-THERMODYNAMICS: Thermodynamics: Frontiers and Foundations
Magdalene College, Cambridge, UK,
through OECD Nuclear Energy Agency Data Bank, Issy-les-Moulineaux, France.
3. CODING LANGUAGE AND COMPUTER
PDF format; many computers (M00007MNYCP00). NEADB ID is NEA-1844/01.
4. NATURE OF PROBLEM SOLVED
Dr. J.D. Lewins has now released the following new book for free distribution:
Thermodynamics: Frontiers and Foundations,
Preface by Sir Alan Cottrell
1. Four-Square Foundations: The Laws of Thermodynamics
2. Maximum Entropy and Minimum Energy: The Master Functions and Equations
3. Ideal Gases and their Applications
4. Real Fluids and Some Applications
5. Van der Waals: A Model for Real Fluids
6. Surface Tension: Bubbles and Drops
7. Inert and Reactive Mixtures; An introduction to Chemical Thermodynamics
8. Radiation Thermodynamics: Solar Power Potential
9. Outposts of the Empire
10. A Glimpse into Statistical Thermodynamics
NAME AND ESTABLISHMENT OF AUTHORS -
Jeffery D Lewins
PhD MIT, PhD Cantab, DSc (Eng) London
A MATLAB Teaching Program ‘gibbs’ is included to calculate and display the results of equilibrium conditions in any of the nine chemical reactions quoted in this chapter or in a user-specified case. See the Annexure at the end of Chapter 7 for more information on gibbs.
5. METHOD OF SOLUTION
6. RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS
7. TYPICAL RUNNING TIME
8. COMPUTER HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
9. COMPUTER SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Adobe Acrobat Reader can be used to access the files in Portable Data Format (.pdf).
“Thermodynamics: Frontiers and Foundations,” Edited and illustrated by Shelagh
Lewins, NEA Data Bank, 2009, electronic publishing (ISBN 978-2-9534095-1-2).
11. CONTENTS OF CODE PACKAGE
The package is transmitted in a WinZIP file which contains the book cited above in PDF format and a MATLAB Teaching Program ‘gibbs’.
12. DATE OF ABSTRACT
KEYWORDS: RADIATION THERMODYNAMICS; THERMODYNAMICS